How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 and install TWRP recovery
Today in this “How to Root” guide I will explain to you How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1, install TWRP recovery and much more.
Xiaomi launched its first Dual Camera phone in India, the Xiaomi Mi A1. It runs on Stock Android with the Android One program by Google. And we all are surprised since nobody expected Xiaomi (Mi) Phone with Stock Android ROM in spite of their own MIUI custom which is just opposite of stock Android ROM.
Before starting the Xiaomi Mi A1 Root Process make sure:-
- Phone should is charged at least 60%
- USB Debugging is ON if not then
Enable the Developer Options by tapping Build Number 7 times from Setting>About Phone and then come back to Settings> Developer Options and Turn ON USB Debugging.
- Anti Virus is turned OFF in PC
- Drivers are correctly installed in PC
- Back Up all your Important Data and Contacts on PC
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi A1(Coming Soon)
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers installed
- Magisk Manager Zip (Official) or SuperSu Zip
Now let’s start the Root Process,
How to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Extract the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot v1.4.2 zip” somewhere in PC (better to do on Desktop) which you downloaded from above link,
- Shift Key + Right click in that ADB folder, and you will be able to see there Open Command Window here, now click on Open Command window Here.
- Extract the TWRP file zip in ADB folder and rename image file to recovery.img
- Now power off your Xiaomi Mi A1 and Press Volume Down and Power Button Together for 5 to 10 Seconds so that your Mi A1 can boot into Fastboot Mode and Connect Your Xiaomi Mi A1 with your PC/Laptop by USB Cable
- Now type this command in the command window to make sure your Mi A1 is detected by PC in fast-boot mode.
6. Now enter this command hit Enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Now flash TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A1 and now boot the phone into Recovery mode and for this just press Volume Up and Power Button Together for 5 to 10 seconds. And you will be able to boot into TWRP recovery.
Now, our next step is to Root it.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1
- Tap on Install and navigate to your files
- Select SuperSu zip or Magisk Zip
- Swipe right to flash it
- After some time you will see the message with “Done/Success”
- Now you have successfully Rooted your Xiaomi Mi A1, Congrats
- Now boot the system and it will take 5-6 minutes to boot
- After Reboot install Root Checker App (a Play Store App) and open app and tap on check you will see message “Your phone is Rooted”
- Enjoy Rooted Stock ROM :p
Note:– Do not fall into a trap with so called “How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 without PC” methods and all are fake because they are telling root your Xiaomi Mi A1 without PC, Kingroot is not updated from a long time and it is not able to Root Nougat ROMs.
If you face any problem then comment below and we will try our best to fix your issue.